01 June 2007

I am obsessed with baby names lately. I am not pregnant, yet. But I have names. I feel like I need to share them, get them out of my system so to speak. If I have a boy, his name is already deemed to be Calvin, because Ran3dy (not a typo) has always dreamed of having a boy named Calvin. He's got a tattoo of Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes on his shoulder. I like Calvin. His full name would be Calvin Hunter Kolber Bright.

So he's the easy one. But I have three or so really good girls' names I love. Tell me what you think: Eve Trillium Kolber Bright; Una Harvest Kolber Bright; and Providence Kolber Bright, PK for short.

I am probably more in love with the words. But you gotta admit naming a child is trying, especially when one loves words as much as I. If I were a brave mother, I'd name my daughter Forsythia. That word is poetry to me. It's poetry to see the flowering bush of bright, yellow sprigs reaching up to the sun. It's the first color of spring. Yellow hair of the Earth washed in spring rain, abuzz with fat bees. Forsythia Darling Bright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Providence (n): like fated, or predestined by the gods.

So I was shopping @ Peace & Justice Center, getting frustrated that they didn't have any of the "passport bags" that I'd been looking for. Then my cell phone rang, and I went into the hall to answer. As I was talking w/ my love, my eye happened on the sale rack there (which I would not otherwise have done). I saw this [handbag] and said aloud "Providence just happened!"

And thus it comes full circle.
Love, Ran3dy